The Stage Debut Awards, which celebrate emerging talent across British theatre, will return for a third year in 2019, with the addition of two new categories. Designers, directors, writers and composers making their West End debuts will be eligible for a new award – best creative West End debut – while a second new category, for child performers, is also being added to the 11-strong list of prizes.
The Joe Allen Best West End Debut Award will continue, celebrating performers making their first appearance on a West End stage. Other returning categories include performances in both plays and musicals across the UK. It is the third time The Stage has celebrated debut theatre talent. Previous winners include Miriam-Teak Lee, who will lead the cast of new West End musical and Juliet  later this year, and Amara Okereke , who will star in Chichester Festival Theatre ‘s Oklahoma!.
The host, venue and presenters for the 2019 awards, which will be held on September 15, will be announced in due course. The full list of categories is as follows:
• Best actress in a play, sponsored by Audible
• Best actor in a play, sponsored by Audible
• Best actor in a musical, sponsored by Encore Radio
• Best actress in a musical
• Best director, sponsored by Smith and Williamson
• Best designer
• Best composer or lyricist, sponsored by Trafalgar Entertainment
• Best writer
• The Joe Allen Best West End Debut
• Best creative West End debut, sponsored by the Noel Coward Foundation
• Child performer of the year, sponsored by Stagecoach