Follies and The Inheritance up for Knight of Illumination Awards
The awards honour international video and lighting designers, and the winners will be announced at a gala dinner on September 16 at Hammersmith’s Eventim Apollo.
The nominees in full:
The Knight of Illumination award for projection design
- CHOU Tung-yen for Formosa, Cloud Gate Dance Theatre of Taiwan, Sadler’s Wells
- Luke Halls for The Lehman Trilogy, National Theatre
- Paulina Jurzec for Mamzer Bastard, Royal Opera at Hackney Empire
The Knight of Illumination award for dance
- Jean Kalman for Life is a Dream, Rambert
- David Plater for The Suit, Ballet Black
- Jackie Shemesh for Goat, Rambert
The Knight of Illumination award for plays,
- Jon Clark for The Inheritance, Young Vic
- Lee Curran for Summer and Smoke, Almeida Theatre
- Jack Knowles for Barber Shop Chronicles, National Theatre
The Knight of Illumination award for operas
- Rory Beaton for Cosi Fan Tutte, Opera Holland Park
- Fabiana Piccioli for Eugene Onegin, Scottish Opera
- Malcolm Rippeth for Falstaff, Garsington Opera
The Knight of Illumination award for musicals,
We need your help…
When you subscribe to The Stage, you’re investing in our journalism. And our journalism is invested in supporting theatre and the performing arts.
The Stage is a family business, operated by the same family since we were founded in 1880. We do not receive government funding. We are not owned by a large corporation. Our editorial is not dictated by ticket sales.
We are fully independent, but this means we rely on revenue from readers to survive.
Help us continue to report on great work across the UK, champion new talent and keep up our investigative journalism that holds the powerful to account. Your subscription helps ensure our journalism can continue.