The Stage Awards 2019 will be held at the Bridge Theatre in London for the first time.
The Bridge, run by Nicholas Hytner and Nick Starr, won Theatre Building of the Year in 2018.
Nominations for the 2019 awards, in association with Integro Insurance Brokers, are now open.
Anyone can submit a nomination for free and organisations are encouraged to put themselves forward. Nominations, which can be made here , will close on November 18, 2018.
The categories are:
- Regional Theatre of the Year sponsored by Evolution Productions
- London Theatre of the Year sponsored by Managed Networks
- Fringe Theatre of the Year sponsored by encoreinsure.com
- Theatre Building of the Year sponsored by TAIT
- Producer of the Year sponsored by PRG XL Video
- School of the Year sponsored by TodayTix
- International Award sponsored by Ambassador Theatre Group
- Innovation Award sponsored by Charcoalblue
- Sustainability Award sponsored by GDS
- Unsung Hero sponsored by White Light
Following public nominations, The Stage consults leading industry figures to create a longlist that is submitted to the judging panel. The judging panel is chaired by editor Alistair Smith, and includes associate editor Lyn Gardner, associate editor Mark Shenton, reviews editor Natasha Tripney, news editor Matt Hemley and features editor Nick Clark.
The shortlist will be announced on December 13, 2018 and the awards will take place on January 25, 2019.
Smith said: “I’m delighted that The Stage Awards 2019 will be taking place at the Bridge Theatre. With our long-term home Theatre Royal Drury Lane being unavailable due to a major refurbishment, I can’t think of a better place than the Bridge – our current Theatre Building of the Year – to host these awards.”