Linbury Prize for stage design announces 2017 finalists
The list of finalists for the 2017 Linbury Prize for stage design has been announced.
Founded in 1987, the prize provides an opportunity for recent graduates to work with one of four leading theatre, opera and dance companies.
All finalists will create designs for one of the companies, which are the Unicorn Theatre and the Lyric Hammersmith in London, Leeds-based Phoenix Dance Theatre and the Mercury Theatre, Colchester. Four of the 12 will win a commission to realise their designs, but just one will be recognised with the overall winner’s title.
All 12 finalists will feature in an exhibition at the National Theatre from November 1 to January 2.
Previous winners include Tim Hatley, Anthony Ward and Vicki Mortimer.
The 2017 finalists are:
- Laura Albeck, Central Saint Martins
- Emily Bates, Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama
- Basia Binkowska, Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Eleanor Bull, Arts University Bournemouth and Bristol Old Vic Theatre School
- Abby Clarke, Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama
- Dylan Howells, Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts
- Maxwell Nicholson-Lailey, London College of Fashion
- Sonya Plenefisch, Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama
- Khadija Raza, Royal Central School of Speech and Drama
- Fin Redshaw, Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama
- Jessica Staton, Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama
- Jasmine Swan, Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts