Advertising terms and conditions
ADVERTISING IN THE STAGE
- Our VAT number is 547 8875 78.
- These conditions shall apply to all advertisements accepted for publication. Any other proposed condition shall be void unless incorporated clearly in written instruction and specifically accepted by The Stage.
- All advertisements are accepted subject to approval of the copy by The Stage and to the space being available.
- For the purpose of these conditions, “Advertiser” shall refer to the Advertiser or his Agent, whichever is the principal.
- The Stage reserves the right to refuse, omit or suspend an advertisement at any time, with or without explanation, and in such cases no claim on the part of the advertiser for damages or breach of contract shall be accepted. Should such omission or suspension be due to the Advertiser or his agents, then the space reserved for the advertisement shall be paid for in full.
- If The Stage considers it necessary to modify the space or alter the date or position of insertion or make other alterations, the Advertiser will have the right to cancel if the alterations are unacceptable, unless such changes are due to an emergency or circumstances beyond the control of The Stage.
- Every care is taken to avoid mistakes, however, The Stage will not be liable for loss or damage due to error, late publication, imperfect reproduction or non-appearance of an advertisement. Substantial error or serious fault in reproduction may be grounds for allowance or refund of part or all of the cost of the advertisement, provided this is not due to the act or default of the Advertiser or his agents. In no circumstances will such an allowance exceed the value of one insertion of the advertisement. No claim for incorrect insertion will be considered unless it is notified in writing to the Advertising Department, The Stage Media Company Ltd, 47 Bermondsey Street, London SE1 3XT within seven days of publication.
- In cases where typographical errors or minor changes which do not substantially affect the sense of the advertisement have occurred, free insertions or credit will not be given.
- All Advertisers must have genuine services or products to promote and advertise.
- All Contributions (that is content in advertising) MUST:
- be accurate and not misleading ;
- be honest, decent and truthful;
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
- comply with applicable laws in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
- Contributions MUST NOT:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person, obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material, any illegal activity, violence or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right, trade mark or any other intellectual property right of any other person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- be threatening, abusive or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- be likely to deceive, harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case;
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- infringe the British Code of Advertising Practice
- You warrant that you have not been convicted for any offence, or subject to any court order, relating to assault, violence, sexual misconduct, harassment, impersonation, minors or children.
- You warrant that you will:
- where requested to do so by us, you will promptly permanently delete and/or destroy all such information, data and contributions provided to you.
- When considering offering an opportunity or employment to an applicant, you are solely responsible for making all necessary enquiries, including satisfying yourself that the applicant is competent to perform the available role for which they have applied. The Stage service is provided only for the purpose of broadcasting information and opportunities. We will not (in any circumstance) be liable for the actions of or contributions made by any applicant.
- You warrant that you will comply with the above standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means that you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
- The Advertiser will indemnify The Stage fully in respect of any claim made against The Stage arising from an advertisement. The Stage will consult with the Advertiser as to the way in which such claims are to be handled.
- Advertisement rates are subject to revision at any time and orders are accepted on condition that the price binds The Stage only in respect of the next week. In the event of a rate increase, the Advertiser will have the option to cancel the order without surcharge or continue the order at the revised rates.
- If an Advertiser cancels the balance of a contract, except in the circumstances set out in Clauses 7 or 18 above, s/he relinquishes the right to any series discount to which s/he may have been previously entitled and advertisements must be paid for at the appropriate rate.
- Payment on credit accounts is due one calendar month following the month in which the advertisement has appeared. Where payment is not made by the due date, The Stage reserves the right to charge interest on the amount at 15% per annum and suspend any series booking. Bank transfer and the major debit and credit cards excluding Amex are accepted as payment.
- At least one week’s notice prior to issue date is required to cancel a booked advertisement in The Stage. A charge may be made for any production work carried out prior to cancellation.
- If copy instructions are not received by the agreed date, The Stage reserves the right to repeat the most appropriate copy. Please note that proofs cannot normally be supplied, nor corrections to supplied copy guaranteed to be made.
- Advertisers’ property in the form of artwork, photographs etc. are supplied for use by The Stage at the owners’ risk and should be insured against loss or damage. The Stage reserves the right to destroy artwork or photographs which have not been used within the previous 12 months.
- These conditions and all other express terms of the contract shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law, and disputes shall be settled in English courts.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- All Contributions you upload or submit to The Stage will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. For all Contributions that are covered by intellectual property rights (such as photos and videos) you specifically grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide licence to use all Contributions (including any intellectual property rights in such Contributions) for any purpose connected or related to The Stage.
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in The Stage. All such rights are reserved.
- You must not use any part of the content from The Stage for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- You must give us a reasonable opportunity to remedy any matter for which we are liable before you incur any costs remedying that matter yourself. If you do not provide us with such opportunity, we shall have no liability to you for those costs you incur.
- Our liability (for any one event or series of events) of any kind (including for our own negligence and for breach of contract) arising in any way in connection with The Stage or its content is limited to three times the total fees paid by you in the 12 months before the event(s) complained of or the sum £250,000 (whichever is higher).
- If you are a consumer, we will not be liable to you for losses that were not foreseeable to both parties when our contract was formed, that is, loss not within the reasonable contemplation of the parties, at the time the parties entered into the contract, as a probable result of the breach. Nor will we be liable for losses that were not caused by any breach by us or our agents/sub-contractors, or for business losses or losses to non-consumers.
- If you are not a consumer (i.e. you are a business user and/or someone acting for purposes connected with your trade, business or profession), please note that, in particular, we will not be liable to you for the following types of loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including for negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising in any way in connection with The Stage or its content: (a) loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue; (b) business interruption; (c) loss of anticipated savings; (d) loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; (e) wasted staff and/or management time; (f) loss or corruption of data and/or information; or (g) any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage.
- If any one of the above sub-clauses is held to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, it can be severed from the other provisions, which themselves will remain enforceable